Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Derrick Rose knew it

I came across this article this past weekend, and I thought that it was pretty interesting.

I've already covered the historical significance of any man winning the NBA's Most Valuable Player award several months ago, which makes Rose's Derrick preseason September 28th swagger all the more impressive. Pretty much no one predicted the Bulls to be in championship contention before the season, let alone Rose winning an award reserved exclusively for current or future Hall of Famers (not one GM picked him to win the award, nor did any of the "experts" at ESPN - but if anyone at ESPN is actually reading this, please ignore the "" marks. Please hire me).

The bottom line is...I miss the NBA so much. No summer league, no trades, no free agency; just rooting for a baseball team that's 12 games under .500 and in bankruptcy. I'm not a big proponent of this overused abbreviation, but FML.

No comments:

Post a Comment