Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Team Cuban

There's a certain amount of love out there for Mark Cuban, owner of the Dallas Mavericks. But some people actually find time to spit hate at the guy. Oh he's so bad for the game! He talks too much! He gets into trouble with the league!

Shove it. Cuban is so good for the league that I get excited whenever he's mentioned in rumors to buy other sports franchises. It'd be easy to give you the "it's like if a fan owned an NBA team" line, so other than just spelling that spiel out for you already, I'll go beyond that. Mark Cuban is a man for the people. E-mail him and say that the seat you sat in last night is broken; he'll have it fixed for the next game. (Seriously.) Ask him for some insight for the article you're writing; he'll give you more than what you need. (Please don't think I did that here; the biggest reason I'm writing this post at all is because KOBEsh is dominating the posting game right now and I need to pull my weight.)

And who cares whether he gets fined from time to time for useless crap? Don't tell me that you've never spent money on something you knew beforehand was useless. Come on. I spend a few hundo just for the cool logo on the back pocket of my jeans.

Every casual NBA fan that unnecessarily puts emotion into their LeBron hatred can look no further: it's acceptable to root for Mark Cuban.

No comments:

Post a Comment